Originating from Sanskrit, it literally means “wheel” by association with its function as a vortex of spinning energy interacting with various physiological and neurological systems in the body.
Chakras are energy centers within the human body that help to regulate all its processes, from organ function to the immune system and emotions.
What are those Chakras?
There are 7 chakras positioned throughout your body, from the base of your spine to the crown of your head. Each chakra has its own vibrational frequency, that is depicted through a specific chakra colour, and governs specific functions and each with its own sound, element and symbol.
Depending upon your personality and lifestyle conditions one chakra is active than the other. So, balancing out these chakras will help you grow in all planes of existence. You can live a disease-free life and healthy and content mind to explore the magic of your consciousness.
What do colours represent in each chakra?
Chakra colors are typically broken down into seven and follow the order of the colors of the rainbow. Let’s look at the chakra colors in order, from red to purple and white, and explore their meanings and attributes when used with chakra healing techniques and healing stones.
In order, the colors of the seven primary chakras are:
Red – First chakra
Orange – Second chakra
Yellow – Third chakra
Green – Fourth chakra
Blue (sapphire blue or turquoise) – Fifth chakra
Purple (or deep indigo) – Sixth chakra
White (sometimes purplish white) – Seventh chakra
Each color reflects a type of vibration or frequency radiating through the chakras. This classic color chart is based on yogic traditions.
· Meaning of the red chakra color: Red is the color of the root chakra (first chakra); it symbolizes safety, survival, grounding, nourishment from the Earth energy. Note that in chakra healing practices, red may denote inflammation at the physical level.
· Meaning of the orange chakra color: Orange is the color of the sacral chakra (second chakra); it carries meanings associated with emotions, creativity, sexuality, and is associated with water, flow.
· Meaning of the yellow chakra color: is the color of the solar plexus chakra (third chakra); it symbolizes mental activities, intellect, personal power, will.
· Meaning of the green chakra color: Green is the color of the heart chakra (fourth chakra); it relates to love, relating, integration, compassion.
· Meaning of the blue chakra color: Blue is the color of the throat chakra (fifth chakra); it symbolizes self-expression, expression of truth, creative expression, communication, perfect form and patterns.
· Meaning of the purple chakra color (or deep indigo blue): Purple (or deep indigo blue) is the color of the third eye chakra (sixth chakra); it evokes intuition, extrasensory perception, inner wisdom.